Monday 24 May 2010

Preparation!

It's been a while sine our last post as we're frantically putting the finishing touches to our new exhibition! As part of Dorset Art Weeks (29th May - 13th June), our tiny hallway will be transformed into a haven of all things orange and cyan. Ian is working on a new series of playbills and has been doing lots more writing whilst I'm busy shooting the next in the 'Plastic Words' series (which really means playing with Playmobil and occasionally taking some photos).

This exhibition will be a collection of old and new works so now's the best time to buy some O&C pieces before they all go! We're looking forward to inviting people from around the UK through our art deco door and can't wait to see what other artists in the area are creating too.

To get in the mood, I've been swap-botting again and this time I've made some ATC's inspired by Resident Evil 4! I've always wanted to draw Leon as he's my favourite character and am working on a cross stitch of him but thought I'd try and translate key moments from the game onto a 2x3 inches ATC - what a task! I've played the game again and again (research purposes, honest) and I've created two cards so that when they sit together they form one big picutre or when apart, become an evil vs good set. Hope you like!

Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment