Tuesday 4 January 2011

Darts Darts Darts

It's the time of year when kings are made.

The inhabitants of working mens clubs across the country come together at 2 holy venues for the apex in their chosen sport, Lakeside at Frimley Green and the Alexandra Palace.
It gets my elbow quivvering with excitement and I've already broken out my dart board for the new year.

Check out Gary Robson finishing on a 170 - just incredible during the 2011 BDO.

But this tops it all, Adrian Lewis in the PDC World Championship Final hits a 9 dart finish, the runaway contender for BBC Sports Personality of the year without doubt. I reckon it's the end Phil 'The Power' Taylor, 15 times winner, there's a new kid in town.

For those of you who want to know more about the sport of kings, have a look here for a low down on the PDC and here for the BDO. Thanks to Getty for the picture.

I love January, because after the Darts, it's time for Snooker!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment