Thursday 13 January 2011

The Wonderful World of Postcrossing

Today has seen postal cards arriving from afar as well as some little beauties I've sent out arriving on international door steps around the world. The beauty of postcrossing.

The goal of postcrossing is to allow people to receive postcards from all over the world! If you send a postcard, you will receive at least one back from a random Postcrosser from somewhere in the world. The element of the unknown, of receiving postcards from different people and places around the world turns my mailbox into a box of surprises. You edit a small profile saying whatever you want, what type of cards you like etc.

I've decided I want the worst cards ever. The most boring, the ones that will never get sent and my doormat has had some peaches in the past. I received one today from Eugenie. In a massive act of generosity she offered to send me a 100 "duds" as she called them because she used to send 50 duds every birthday to a friend, but has since lost touch with that person. Her Trash = My Treasure. I can't wait to see what they are!

I decided to send her one back which has her favourite things on them, trains, a very special one I picked up recently which should make her mailbox light up.

Postal exchanges
O&C

No comments:

Post a Comment